Friday, June 11, 2010

Surprise

The p-units had this idea that since my sis works for an airline company that we should all fly out to Boston to surprise my brother for his birthday. His roomies were such an integral part of the plan that we pulled off the ultimate surprise!

I was the last to arrive on Friday morning. I told him I would come meet him for lunch since I had a "friend" that was picking me up from the airport. So we all went to his office to surprise him. We went to lunch and he took off the rest of the day and we went to the beach, since the beach is his backyard. The following day was the Duck Tours, little Jakie volunteered to drive the duck tour boat on the Charles River. After that we headed back to Richard's place for a clam bake and lobster, but not without a stop to Rancatore's Ice Cream. His roomies had quite the spread of food to eat, and I had my first lobster.

The next day the p-units, sis and kids were heading back home and my bro and I set off to Maine on a lighthouse "scavenger hunt". We tried to find a place for a tour, but after trying for some time we had no luck so we sent off to find a map and we decided to drive to them ourselves. The coast was so awesome and we actually got pretty close to one operating lighthouse. Other than just being with my brother it was sooo much fun driving the coast looking for lighthouses, jumping out of the car - since it was raining- taking quick pictures and running back to the car to look for our next stop. The horn was evening blowing at one or two of them with the light circling. The next day we headed off to Gloucester for our Cape Anne Whale Watching excursion! We saw a few whales and got a lot of sun!




We drove past a city called Rowley so of course we had to take a picture. And on our quest of seeking out lighthouse we came across a quaint little town called Kennebunkport.



And of course we had to watch the Boston vs Lakers game unfortunately we both ended up falling asleep somewhere in between the 3rd and 4th quarters, but apparently we didn't miss much since LA won. Just missed going to a Celtics or a Red Sox game...shoot.....I should go back eh?

No comments: