AT&T Ball Park in San Francisco home of the San Francisco Giants.

I have always wanted to go to a Giants game ever since I was little. Growing up in a neighborhood full of boys I had to hold my own...being able to play against them in a variety of sports, but also being up to date on all the professional teams and players. The Giants seemed to be the logical choice and my favorite player....Will Clark 1st baseman for the San Francisco Giants.

The stadium is amazing...it's right there on the Bay. If you were sitting along the first baseline you can see the Bay Bridge all lite up when it got dark. Had to try the garlic fries....heard from my uncle that the ball park is famous for those, which was confirmed when we kept seeing hundreds of people passing by us with them, the huge lines just to get them, and then finally trying them myself.....
Having bought tickets probably about a month and a half beforehand I had no idea that this game would be a key game. Since the Dodger had lost the Giants needed to win that night and they would be the National League West Title. Game was complete with foul ball caught while Sandoval was falling into the dugout, home run hit, stolen bases, etc... BEST first MLB game ever.

This was the Ghirardelli Hot Chocolate man....Yup that is a ghost buster pack filled with hot chocolate. Prices of course were outrageous, but it was my first time at a MLB game, I had already splurged on Garlic Fries, but if hot chocolate man had pulled out a separate gun for whipping cream I totally would have bought a $6 cup of hot chocolate just to say I bought hot chocolate from the ghost buster Ghirardelli man.

Wasn't fast enough to catch the fireworks that went off in the background when game ended and the announcement of the Giants clinching the National League West Title. The players celebrated in middle of the infield before taking a lap around the entire stadium high-fiving all the fans. Walking out of the stadium the die hard Giants fans were still chanting and cheering....perhaps cause probably a good percentage of them were drunk, but FUN nonetheless.
Thanks to my good friend Hillary, my aunt and cousin for joining me in my baseball outing....it was a fantastic weekend of fun, even if I spent more time in the car driving than hanging out in a non-moving environment.
This game may have hooked me...I will definitely be back to another Giants game....and perhaps I will spring for a hot chocolate...whipped cream gun or not.
2 comments:
Ok Maybe I will go next time - just to taste the hot chocolate - maybe even the fried...Love, Mom
I loved every minute of this day, I loved it! thanks Annaleesa! I want to go again also!
Post a Comment