As 2008 is quickly coming to a close I thought that I would reflect back on what has happened in a year. I think my life is so boring, but when I look back I have traveled coast to coast, rode roller coasters, discovered I am a Pretty Princess, and had a lot of fun hanging out.In February I went off to Florida with my sis and her family to Disney World and Universal Studio's.
I went on my first roller coaster that went upside down and I don't like roller coasters, but it was in the dark so I didn't know what I was getting myself into. My bro-in-law kept asking if I was okay and that it was time to let go cause the ride was over. I went on some other ones too, but ended up wimping out on the roller coasters that were in broad daylight, and you can see yourself fall to your death. I even had to take the walk of shame...I started to go on a ride called the Dueling Dragons, but as we got closer I totally chickened out. BUT I can chalk up this trip as new experiences. My six year old nephew had to keep assuring me that they were just rides......I still had to refuse on some of them, but I don't think I have ridden on that many rides ever in my life. But so fun to go
with my little nephews. My grandpa also passed away in February after years of doctors telling him he only had a few months, weeks, days whatever to live. He was kind of a stubborn guy so no one was gonna tell him when he was gonna die. For a stubborn old man he sure had a soft spot for all his grandchildren even though he would try to not let it show we all knew under that gruff exterior he loved us. He had served in the Navy during WWII so they came and played the Taps and folded the US flag to give to
My sister-in-law had a short film accepted to the LDS Film Festival. She had an extra pass cause my brother couldn't make it so she let me tag along. I think I went almost every night to see a few different movies. It was pretty fun, to see what people submit and then you get to hear from the film makers and you can ask questions and stuff. It was pretty cool since I had never been to something like that.

I was able to talk one of my good friends to going to a variety of concerts with me. We went to see John Mayer/Colbie Calliet, Sheryl Crow and Jack Johnson at the
USANA ampitheater out in West Valley. I am glad that she humors me and comes along. Of course, there was some Peter Brienholt and Nancy Hanson here and there somewhere along the valley that we hit a concert or two. AND last but not least, my brother came into town and let me tag along with him to a Weezer Concert. Totally awesome and way fun. We had awesome tickets right on the floor. For being short I still had a great view, and my brother got a souvenir from the drummer, he caught a drumstick.I've been on several trips this year mostly thanks to my sister and her great benefits at JetBlue,
but really who else is she gonna give her buddy passes to....really? So my mom, sister and I flew off to Pennsylvania for the weekend, which I have already blogged about, but it was fun to just go and play just the girls. Hopefully, we will do that again. I also took a trip up to Boston to visit my
brother and his wife, which I have also already blogged about, but it's always fun to get away for awhile and pretend that you don't have any responsibilities. Once again I talked my friend into going to Vegas with me to see a Cirque de Soliel show called
Ka. Oh my that was entertaining. Believe me I am not one for watching peeps prance around on a stage in spandex type material, but this show was amazing. We had pretty good seats too so we were pretty close to the front and had peeps flying right above us and running past us. It was an amazing show.
On another note, Cats came to SLC, and since it was one of the longest running Broadway shows I thought hummm, I think I would like to see it. UMMMMMM......what in the world was I thinking. I am not a fan of cats in the first place, (except my special little feline pal pebbles) who knew it was a bunch of grown people dressed like cats acting like cats. I might need someone to brief me on what that show was really about. Had that been my first Broadway show I don't know if I would have gone back to see anything else. I guess you just live and learn.I don't have any other pictures of these two, but we and a few others all went up to Jaymee's family's cabin to go four wheeling and hang out. We only almost tipped over once, so good for us.
Although, note to all those that go to cabins that run off of solar power.....crock potting a meal all day is tasty, but then you end up sitting in the dark the rest of the evening cause all the power including the generator power went to cooking your dinner and no one brought any lights up. It's always an adventure with these two, but never a dull moment.And at last I talked my friends into going snowboarding. They are good sports and like to humor me
so they took the day off and went up to the Canyon's with me to take a few runs. They both can home in one piece. I didn't even break them, or have to call 911. I have been working at least a good two years on one of them. Peer pressure or my constant whining finally won them over. The trick is if I can get them to come up again.......ya think???I also had my almost paid off car smashed on the freeway on the way home from work. Therefore, had to experience the physical therapy thing, which I think I did make a wise choice in career paths when I decided to not go down that road.....for those that know me well know why. So I had to go car shopping and find a new car that would shuffle me off from place to place. Darn I had so many plans for that extra money from having no car payment........and now I am back at the starting gate.
I am not sure exactly what possessed me to agree to make a wedding cake, but somehow I agreed to it (it must have been late at night and I must have been half asleep) But if I do say so myself it didn't turnout half bad, and it made it over to the backyard of the where the reception was being held all in one piece. But after this one I think I am done with wedding cakes, too much stress.
This year also was the big 30. Nothing like ringing in that birthday with some good friends and a "treasure" hunt of sorts that makes you leap out of your pea size comfort zone. Okay maybe it is more like a small orange now, I did have that stint in young women's. Whoa and you get thrown into that one ready or not. And for Christmas I received my very own copy of my treasure hunt on dvd so I can relive all those great moments of make-up and hair, and prancing around. Oh all the memories and good friends to share them with.So I think I have covered all the major events that has happened to me during 2008. Now what to do during 2009......anyone up for a trip or two?????
5 comments:
I want to see the birthday DVD, that would be worth a trip to SLC all by itself!!
♥You are a pretty princess and yes it's amazing to read all you've done. You have had quite the adventures.
♥Someday I will ride a scary roller coaster with you!
♥Amazing to me that we both had a loved one pass away this year and we were able to witness the folding of the American Flag and then be handed to the spouse.
♥"Errand of Angels"-so great! ♥That KA show in Vegas was absolutely spectacular! I so gotta see that again!!
♥Concert?? Yes please. I'm there!
♥Oh my heart is so warmed at your sentimental inkling of warmth towards pebbles.
♥Would you like some cheese with your whine? hahaha I know it's old.
♥Ummm. . . excuse me I have three more children that will need wedding cakes. You can't quit yet, pretty please??
Aww, what a great post, and what a great year! And thanks for coming with me to all films at the LDS film fest- you were a lifesaver cause I wasn't too stoked about going by myself. Well, I hope you have an equally awesome 2009!
By the way- you're a really good writer.luv kristal
I am up for more trips with my girls. You have a wonderful life - I am glad that you posted some documentation of the great things that you do. Love, Mom
Ha ha ha ha! It's true, that was a stinkin' good crock pot meal, but I would have enjoyed some lights later on that night. We also ran out of water remember? Then we had to go get some from the creek! Good times good times!
Post a Comment