Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Summer Softball


I would consider myself a fairly athletic person, able to pick up just about any sport that I try. I have since I was little, much to my mothers dismay, played team sports most of my life. If I could I would play year round. Granted I do have that love/hate relationship with sports and injuries, but you play for the love of the game, right?
Well, a friend asked if I would like to play on a co-ed softball team cause they were in need of some girls. I did give her fair warning that I haven't played softball for a good 10+ years and she could bench me at anytime, but she elected to let me play anyways.

So like I said I hadn't played in a "few" years so I needed some reminders of a few things like:

1) Softballs are not soft and they hurt when they hit you
2) Thighs, shins, ankles are not meant to stop oncoming softballs
3) Mitts are used to catch/stop oncoming balls
4) Should probably wear a sliding pad if you are going to slide into bases in shorts
5) Bug spray a must
6) Don't swing at the high ones
But it made for a fun couple of months! Question is now, am I up for the Fall play?

One of many

1 comment:

Roskelley Ramblings said...

Yes, I do think that when you play sports you should remember those rules you outlined, rather than be black and blue over big parts of your body. Love, Mother