Sports and I have a love/hate relationship. I love to play, but my body hates it when I am done. Being of rather short stature I rarely match up players so I end up being plowed to the ground more times that I would like to admit. I love sports so I will take the bumps, scraps, bruises and broken bones to continue to play. Well, it tends to get harder to find peeps to play team sports so I was looking for a new sport to pick up in the summer time when snowboarding was over. A few years ago a friend introduced me to the game of racquetball. It's a rather simple game of hitting a ball against a wall and thought, "Hey, non-contact sport, I am in". Well, not so my friends! Not only are you in an enclosed room of walls you are also in there with 1-3 other people that have "weapons" and a ball flying at you with speeds of probably arou
nd 20+ mph. Now I have taken my fair share of beatings when it comes to being bumped, whacked and smacked by people, walls and balls, but last night during a friendly game of rball with my friend we drew blood. The score was 3-0 and to "add insult to injury" and I do mean injury, my racquet whacked Susette in the face. She is now sporting a nice 1/2" cut right above the left eye. After begging for some ice and several apologies later, we visited almost every nurse in our neighborhood to see if she need stitches lucky for her no stitches needed. A friend of ours got her all taken care of with some nic
e adhesive to close the wound and
a piece of tape to help keep it closed. Hopefully, there will be no permanent damage. Poor Susette. My sincerest apologies!I guess I know what I'll be getting her for Christmas.
Oh, and yes she will be have a bit of a black eye, and I promise it was with my racquet even though she claims it was my fist.
4 comments:
Okay, so how long have we been playing this abusive game?? I think I have whacked you with the ball more times than you've hit me. You BETTER get back in the court again with me pronto! This battle is not finished.
Yay, I'm so excited for my Christmas present!!
oh ps, if you want to post an actual photo of my beautiful cut go ahead and snatch it from my blog :)
I can't believe you injured Susette, we like her!! Did you say sorry??? I mean at the time of injury!!
And now the ward is buzzing with the news that when Annaleesa has some sort of sports racket, bat, etc, etc that everyone should give her lots of room....
Post a Comment