Friday, August 5, 2011

Lagoon 2011




I haven't been to Lagoon since I was probably 17-18 years old with some co-workers back in the day.....If you know me well you know that I am not a ride person, I don't like heights, I don't like my feet dangling, and I don't like going upside down.....so you are probably thinking to yourself why would I spend money going to a place full of rides.....all I can say.....the things you do for friends.

I forewarned her that I am not a ride person, with all my probably irrational fears, but yet she is the kind that accepts all my quirks. I told her I would try to "suck it up" and try to ride as many as I possibly could. So what ride do we start off with.....THE BAT, yes your feet dangle......result....didn't die.

The Tidal Wave that petrified me as a kid, I tired again....I made my friend sit in the middle of the boat where the little kids have to sit. There was a little girl sitting right in front of me and I thought great she is here I can do it.....and then the ride started and her facial expressions, while entertaining, scared me to death......but another ride conquered.

The Spider a bit of a freaky ride, the cart that you sit in after the first drop rotates freely as you zoom through the ride......a bit of a heart stopper for me...and my friend became the "ride whisperer".......she would have to try to calm me as we stood in line as my heart would start to race and my palms would start to sweat and she would tell me to close my eyes so I couldn't see what it was doing.....yep she is my ride therapist.

After the Spider, my heart needed a bit of a break from all the "excitement" from the last ride. So I stood outside the ride Wicked while my friend rode it a couple of times....while she was on the ride I would stand and stare at the Colossus as it would make it's way up the track, I could hear the cart being pulled up the track and then once it reaches the top the clicking sounds stops and the screams begin as the cart plunges down the track into the double loop, "the rings of death"....I would stand there and say..."I can do that" until the clicking track stopped and the screams began and then rescind my previous statement. Somehow she talked me into getting in line, however there was no ride to psych myself up, then I said not the first cart, but we got the first cart.....yes, I did start to cry on the way up the track.......I had my eyes closed I think through 80% of the ride....and then what happened we got on it again.....she told me to keep one eye open which I did for most of it......I am now a proud owner of shin bruises from trying to brace myself...but once again conquered my biggest fear......she said..."Do you trust me?" apparently I do.......

Thanks for the fun day.....

1 comment:

susette said...

Oh Annaleesa!! This was the best day and I was so proud of you for being so brave. You made me laugh re-reading this again. I'm not sure why I didn't comment on this sooner.
Ride whisperer?? That's a good one:)