Friday, August 15, 2014

Zion - The Narrows


My fake sister (C) came down with her daughters to go to Tuachan and to hike the Narrows in Zion National Park.  This was the beginning of the hike!  


I have hiked the Narrows before a few years and the water didn't seem to be as high or as fast, but I could just be outta shape and have a poor memory.  I was watching people come hiking out and seeing where the water level was and it didn't look too bad, but I forgot to take into account that the average person is about 6" taller than me, so that is quite the difference, when water goes to their thigh, means it is to my waist......

 It was great day to go hiking though, pretty crowded at the mouth, but thinned out the further we got in.  We had to keep going further if C saw a little kid, she couldn't let a little kid go further than her. We hiked about 3.5 hours in and then took a break to eat some snacks and sit and take in the scenery.  Pretty magnificent site to hike in.


No comments: