Monday, October 6, 2014

Hawaii 2014

 Hawaii in October was fabulous.  The parentals were going to go with my mom's sister and her husband and since I I knew they were renting the condo with the 6 beds, I decided that I should be able to come along too.  So I invited myself and my cousin (my aunt's daughter, that was going) to come along too.  Ended up my Bro came too!  Where ever my bro is there is a party!

We had to make our stop at Ted's Bakery!  We love to eat breakfast there, but we you have to eat the PIE!

My mom and I standing outside.  AND then the motley crew eating breakfast!




I don't think that I am normally an adventurous person, but with my bro I probably try things I wouldn't.  So, we saw some people paddle boarding and we decided that we wanted to try so we found a rental place close by and rented a paddle board and a kayak.  We were at a beach in Kailua (Kailua Beach Park) where you could paddle board or kayak out to a couple of islands.

 We paddled out to one of the closer islands and walked around....note to self, bring shoes next time to walk around the island. We did make it all the way around it, but our feet were pretty sore.  The island was a little bit of a bird sanctuary.
 Yes, the board was about 2-3 times my size, but was pretty easy to carry.

My bro caught a good pic of me trying my hand at paddle boarding.  I was paddling back from the island. I think it took us about 20-25 minutes to paddle back to shore.

It was alot of fun...had me thinking about buying a board, but Utah where  do you go?



Had stop and get some Matsumoto's Shave Ice!  Had to take a pic....who knew we were so "white".....thought we had a little bit of a tan..............


The bro and I at Sunset Beach...............the parental unit did a pretty good job at taking the picture....
Of course, a stop at the Dole Plantation!  Some fresh pineapple whip and some delicious pineapple candies!  Took the train ride around the plantation and some more pics....I know I am missing the top half of my outfit......


Last day at the beach before we had to return to normal life......Must say my mom was getting better and better at taking pics....gotta give her credit....she took this while sitting about 10-15 feet away sitting in her lounge chair.  Glad she missed my first attempt...as I about face planted.....but I think she got the $$$ shot!



No comments: