I decided that my very first blog should mention something about my good friend Susette, since one night I was feeling rather confident in my racquetball skills that we decided to wager a friendly little bet, I had to start a blog if she won and she would drop the subject if I won. Humm...can you guess who won? So this is my friend Susette and I waiting for the John Mayer concert to start. She likes to take pictures so she will always look super excited, while I can't wait for it to be done with. I am just lucky that she puts up with me and all my crap. This is our other good friend that got this whole thing started. We were all in the Young Women's Presidency together in our ward. I thought it by chance that I was there after a life decision to go back to school didn't quite work out as well as I would've hoped. But in the scheme of things I think everything worked out as it should've. If I had ended up staying at school I never probably would have know these two great ladies.
Since I don't usually carry a camera around I guess I don't have a picture of our other little buddy from the YW Presidency. I thought this quote was pretty appropriate for my buddies.
"The Majority of us lead quiet, unheralded lives as we pass through this world. There will be no ticker tape parades for us, no monuments created in our honor. But that doesn't lessen our possible impact, for there are scores of people waiting for someone just like us to come along, people who will appreciate our compassion, our unique talents. Someone who will live a happier life merely because we took the time to share what we had to give. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have a potential to turn a life around. It's overwhelming to consider the continuous opportunities there are to make our love felt."
- Leo Buscaglia
So I made it through my first blogging attempt without too much damage. Maybe I can get the hang of this after all......
3 comments:
Oh My Friend,you are so amazing!! Your entry made me laugh, cheer, giggle, and cry. I am so impressed with your words and thoughts. I am so glad we are friends and I hope we will be forever.
I am soooooo impressed, Annalessa has a blog!!! Yahoo!! Susette is the best friend ever, she gets you to do stuff that is really cool!
do I really have to kiss your board? or can I just check in on your blog and comment now and then?
no really..its nice and creative
all it needs is a video of you flying on the Burton
Aunt Gayle
Post a Comment