Monday, September 1, 2008

Turning 30

"Life is partly what we make of it, and partly what is made by the friends we choose." - Tennesse Williams

Some would say turning 30 is a mile stone, to some it's just another year gone by, and then to others it's just the beginning....for me it was to be just another year, another flip of the calendar , what I thought was suppose to be a nice lunch with my fam and a few friends turned into quite the 30th birthday experience. Good thing you only turn 30 once! See these faces....they look so innocent huh? OH not so! It started off as a nice lunch and then the adventure began........
If you know me, you know that I am into the simple, jeans, t-shirts, flip flops, board shorts, and hoodies none of this make-up, paint the nails fashion mumbo jumbo. Through a series of clues and "mission impossible" tasks whoa I came out of it looking like a whole different person. Who else can get one out of their pea size comfort zone than good friends with a plan.

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." - Marcel Proust

3 comments:

susette said...

Who looks so innocent, Moi? It's just a good thing I am such a nice friend because I could have posted many pictures of you during the whole fashion make-over event. I do have to admit I thought the hair and make-up were tastefully done and it looked good. Too bad you couldn't stand it on longer than an hour and had to go srub it all off. The fingernails and toenails were equally just as precious. (Hee Hee) You were such a trooper.

samwise_2 said...

Looks like you had fun!

carolyn said...

I WANT PICTURES!! Come on Susette I know you have to have some, pretty please just a couple??