Wednesday, February 4, 2009

First Time Out 2009


A great day to be on the slopes, hangin' with my bro, fantastic weather and a nice fresh layer of powder. Once we got to the other side of the resort there were very few people and no wait to get on the lifts. We started off a bit a rocky as it was our first time out for the season, but was soon starting to get into the groove of things. We decided that we wanted to try to go off jumps since we were pretty much alone on the mountain. I since I don't care if I make a fool of myself around my brother I decided what the hey might as well give it a shot. We found a run that we liked and it had a few places that had an adequate amount of space to jump and crash of course if need be and without alot of other peeps around to get in our way.



1st attempt



2nd attempt



3rd attempt



I think I figured out the secret of going off jumps, besides the fact that it hurts less if you remain vertical when you land, but you need to have SPEED!!! I finally started to get the hang of it, but my behind was shouting STOP or you'll be sitting on a donut for the rest of the season! I did give into that cause I could tell I was gonna have some bruises to go down in the record book of Annaleesa's sport injuries, and if you know me I have volumes. I did invest in a helmet this year so I did save what little brains I have from spilling out all over the mountain. Hummm..I wonder if they make protective gear for your behind?????


6 comments:

Mrs. Darcy said...

I am glad that you and Richard had time to get together for snowboarding.
Kudo to Annaleesa!
I know now what I want to get you for a birthday or Christmas present. I can make anything, and Linda will agree with me.
Ha, ha, ha... YOu guess it!

Roskelley Ramblings said...

I am just glad that my children came back alive and with everything unbroken.

susette said...

wow impressive my friend. It's fun to see it in film. I'm glad you put it on there so I could see.

carolyn said...

I am so impressed!! Your mother and I couldn't stay upright in the snow and we were just walking. I never understood numb bum until then!! Of course half of the problem with your Mom and I was we kept laughing at each other so hard we end up in the snow again!! I love Richard's laughter when you made without falling. Brothers are the best!

susette said...

Will you be a dear sweetie and help me win a trip back East? go to www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com and vote for Susette at All Good Things Come...

Walnut said...

thats pretty gnarly. i like how you felt comfortable to try stuff because you were only with you bro. then you put a video on the internet. landing a good jump is the best feeling ever