Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Portland

Within the past few months I have been up to Portland to visit my "sister" and her fam twice. Two of the three nieces are in gymnastics and one played volleyball so I went up to see all the action! They are all very talented no matter what their parents say :D I don't know if I can handle the upper levels of gymnastics, the whole jumping from bar to bar and flippy things on the beam kinda freaks me out. A bit to risky for me....I think. BUT they are awesome in all their tricks and flips and stuff....I am amazed.

While I am up there they totally spoil me with all the Japanese food I can eat. Russ makes the best Okonomiyaki, and they usually make me some yaki-niku which seems to be a family favorite if you snag any from the "lion"! So much good food! I swear I gain so much weight when I am up there. And of course, I get to go on a field trip to my happy place...Uwajimaya!!! Where I always spend way too much money, but I love my Japanese snacks.

Of course they always like to make sure that you are having a good time so they always usually take me somewhere. In the Fall we went to a pumpkin path with the two younger ones, we checked them out early from school they were so excited. The two older ones had practice. The corn maze was Star Wars themed and my little nephew loves Star Wars, especially Star Wars Legos, so we just had to to the corn maze. Those kids found there way out of there so quick! Good thing I was with them or else I still might be stuck in there.
We went up to Silver Falls,, I think they called it, and hiked around a few of the Falls up there. So beautiful! It was good weather, good company and an awesome place to walk around. Along about a 6 mile path you can see several different falls. The biggest one you can walk behind it. It was an awesome sight to see. We of course didn't hike the full way as we didn't have enough time or the right clothes or shoes to really do too much hiking, but maybe we'll go back sometime and hike the whole thing. These are my cute little nieces and one handsome little nephew.

Thanks for the fun times!!!

No comments: