Saturday, June 22, 2013

Cancun 2013 Day 1

Chikako and her family invited us to go to Cancun with them in June.....and who can pass up a trip especially when you are out of the country and your work can't get a hold of you and you can't get a hold of them!  We ate at this restaurant in Akumal Beach that looked out over the ocean.  We ate outside just a few yards from the water front.  


 For dinner I chose a pork chop, however after eating a bite of coconut shrimp I would have rethought my dinner option.
 This was the evening when the moon was super bright.  During dinner we watched the moon come out and reflect off the water.  We had a bit of a breeze, but the humidity was killer.  Took me back to my mission days when I served in the land lock city of Takasaki during the hottest time of the year.  It felt like you were just melting.

 Since the evening was so beautiful with the moon and the Caribbean Sea after we got back to the Condo we went outside on the beach to watch for turtles to come up onto the beach to lay eggs.  I love turtles, so I was super excited to see one up close.  Unfortunately, this evening there weren't many that came on shore or if they did they didn't lay any eggs.  After a long day of trying to get to Cancun, I gave up around midnight and went to bed.  Good thing I had a few more nights to try to catch some turtles in action.


No comments: